Chitika

Monday, March 29, 2010

Ricky Martin Comes Out as "Fortunate" Gay Man

Martin says the birth of his twin sons led to his decision to come out -- and according to the singer, "To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids where [sic] born with."


Ricky Martin, who has dodged questions of his sexuality for years now, officially revealed that he is a gay man in a statement on his website earlier today.

The Puerto Rican singer,, who is planning to write a memoir about his life, says the birth of his twin sons (via surrogate) led to his decision to come out.


Ricky's kids were born in August 2008, and similar to Clay Aiken, he says he did not want to live a lie while raising a child ... in Ricky's case two of them.

Many people told me: "Ricky it's not important", "it's not worth it", "all the years you've worked and everything you've built will collapse", "many people in the world are not ready to accept your truth, your reality, your nature". Because all this advice came from people who I love dearly, I decided to move on with my life not sharing with the world my entire truth. Allowing myself to be seduced by fear and insecurity became a self-fulfilling prophecy of sabotage. Today I take full responsibility for my decisions and my actions.



shilpa

Don't Miss it



0 comments:

Post a Comment