* 1 tablespoon butter
* 3/4 cups almonds, blanched and slivered (or walnuts as pictured)
* 10 ounces baby spinach, rinsed
* 1 cup dried cranberries
* For the dressing:
* 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
* 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 2 teaspoons minced onion
* 1/4 teaspoon paprika
* 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
* 1/4 cup cider vinegar
* 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
* For main dish salad:
* 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
* 1 hard boiled egg per serving, slice
1. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add the almonds and cook, stirring regularly, until lightly toasted. Reserve and let cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach with the toasted almonds and cranberries.
3. Make the dressing by whisking together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, onion, paprika, vinegars and olive oil. Pour over spinach mix and toss just before serving.
4. To make a main dish salad, add the feta cheese to the spinach mix. Plate the appropriate number of servings and top each with a sliced hard boiled egg. Serve with warm corn bread (be sure to look up one of our recipes for it).